Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Official Oscars Ballot!

I'm here at Cam's Oscar party and while my previous post included vague-ish reviews, the time has come to lay down my OFFICIAL PICKS/FINAL ANSWER before the show begins!

Actor, Leading: Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler"
Actor, Supporting: Heath Ledger in "The Dark Knight"
Actress, Leading: Melissa Leo in "Frozen River"
Actress, Supporting: Penelope Cruz in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
Animated Feature: "Kung Fu Panda"
Art Direction: "The Dark Knight"
Cinematography: "Changeling"
Costume Design: "The Duchess"
Directing: "Slumdog Millionaire"
Documentary Feature: "The Garden"
Documentary Short: "Smile Pinki"
Film Editing: "The Dark Knight"
Foreign Language Film: "Departures"
Makeup: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
Original Score: "Slumdog Millionaire"
Original Song: "Jai Ho" from "Slumdog Millionaire"
Best Picture: "Slumdog Millionaire"
Short Film, Animated: "Oktapodi"
Short Film, Live Action: "The Pig"
Sound Editing: "Slumdog Millionaire"
Sound Mixing: "The Dark Knight"
Visual Effects: "The Dark Knight"
Screenplay, Adapted: "Slumdog Millionaire"
Screenplay, Original: "Milk"

BTW, The hardest Award to decide would be the Best Leading Actress. SO hard to decide between Anne Hathaway and Melissa Leo. Between those two I think Anne Hathaway would be more likely to win, but all of my picks above are not representative of who I think WILL win but rather who I think SHOULD win. Melissa just SO became the character, despite the rest of the movie being pretty poor and despite the fact that she's not been nominated for previous awards and not won (such as Kate Winslet, which I and other people think makes her the likely favorite) in the end I decided on Melissa...

No comments:

Post a Comment